Bulabog Beach on Boracay…aka the ‘other side’ is Boracay’s water sport activity hotspot for active beach holidays. Bulabog Beach Boracay boasts some of the best Kite Surfing and Wind Surfing in Asia.
Bulabog Beach, often simply called the “other side” of Boracay being located directly across from White Beach. This 2.5-kilometer long beach is protected by an offshore reef and is less developed than White Beach, but much busier than Puka Beach. Visitors who head to Bulabog Beach Boracay are generally more interested in various water sports and a more active beach holiday.
With that, if you’re looking to laze around on the beach, sunbathe and swim, this would not be the best area as it’s mostly filled with kite-boarders, windsurfers, and kayakers.
Bulabog Beach: Where is Bulabog Beach Boracay?
How to Get to Bulabog Beach?
You will need to take a tricycle taxi for ~P100.00-P150.00 ($1.95 – $2.10US) depending on where your hotel is located.
Bulabog Beach: Best Things to Do at Bulabog Beach
Bulabog Beach is a haven for kiteboarders; topping lists of best kite boarding beaches in Asia. November to April are the best months for kiteboarding and windsurfing. May to October are great for other water sports like kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing and more.
If you’re interested in giving kite boarding a try, here is an idea of costs…
Kiteboarding Lessons and Equipment Rental
- Starter Course: P3,000.00
- Whole Day Course: P6,600.00
Or, If you know what you want…
- Complete set hourly rental: P1,400.00
- Complete set daily rental: P2,700.00
Try These Awesome Adventures
If wind surfing is more your thing, here is an example of costs…
Windsurfing Lessons and Equipment Rental
- Beginner Classes for Kids: P3,200.00
- Beginner Class for Adults: P4,000.00
- Complete Set Hourly Rental for Beginners and Kids: P700.00
- Complete Set Hourly Rental for Experienced Windsurfers: P1,000.00
- Complete Set Daily Rental for Beginners and Kids: P2,200.00
- Complete Set Daily Rental for Experienced Windsurfers: P3,200.00
*Note that rates vary slightly depending on the business you choose.
Other activities available around the area include parasailing, paraw sailing, stand up paddle boarding, fly fishing, and ATV rides.
Bulabog Beach: Shopping and Dining
D’Mall is an area closer to White Beach, but just a 10 minute walk from Bulabog Beach, well-known for shopping and dining. It’s actually more of an open air street market where you’ll find souvenir shops but also pharmacies, ATMs, and a supermarket. It has bars and restaurants that offer local cuisine, as well as local fast-food. There are also some good food joints along the main street where you can enjoy local food as well as restaurants offering a more international menu.
Bulabog Beach: Things to Remember
Always remember to make sure you have a booking with an accredited establishment, click here to make sure your hotel or accommodation is approved.
Also be aware of the new rules and regulations in place to keep Boracay clean and safe. Some of the regulations include:
- Hefty fines for littering
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, and grilling on the beach is not allowed
- Chairs, tables, beach umbrellas, and massage beds are not allowed on the beach
- Pets are prohibited from entering the beach area